Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Some Notes on Materials AKA I love rocks

I just love going to the mailbox and finding it is stuffed with beads! I mean I know I bought them and all but it's still like a total surprise and fun! I just bought some little moonstone briollettes and they are too wonderful. I love the imperfections and inclusions. It all makes me want to tell you how much I love natural stones. Especially not-AAA stones...maybe it's strange but I like to work with the cracked, included, flawed rocks. It's so much closer to nature. I also love pairing these natural bits up with Swarovski for the contrast between the machine perfection and natures perfection...just some thoughts on what it is I do and why....

1 comment:

Wrider II said...

You sound like me with my yarn. I love getting new yarn. There is something very satisfying to me when I have the yarn in my hand. The tangible aspect of my craft is what I think keeps me driving forward. =)